NIHR MedTech and In Vitro diagnostics Co-operatives (MICs)
The NIHR Medtech and In vitro diagnostics Co-operatives (MICs) can help you to develop new medical technologies and provide evidence on commercially-supplied in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests.
Based in leading NHS organisations, the MICs act as centres of expertise and bring together patients, clinicians, researchers, commissioners and industry.
The NIHR MICs launched on 1 January 2018, with more than £14 million awarded across 11 NIHR MICs over 5 years until 2022. The MICs are shown in the map on this page and are listed here:
- NIHR Brain Injury MedTech Co-operative
- NIHR Cardiovascular MedTech Co-operative
- NIHR Children and Young People MedTech Co-operative
- NIHR Community Healthcare MedTech and In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative
- NIHR Devices for Dignity MedTech Co-operative
- NIHR Leeds In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative
- NIHR London In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative
- NIHR Mental Health MedTech Co-operative
- NIHR Newcastle In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative
- NIHR Surgical MedTech Co-operative
MICs can help you to build a multi-disciplinary team that will work collaboratively with you to ensure you generate the evidence you need to support adoption of your medical device, digital technology or diagnostic in the NHS.